Monday, October 22, 2018

A set of birdie cards with decorative paper, embossed elements and a punched bird


I have been on a roll and made another set of cards!  This set features a little bird.  
I started with the ovals which are all blue so they would simulate sky for the birds.  They are very similar to this floral set which I made a few days ago.   I dug through my stash and found coordinating decorative paper and cardstock.  I punched the bird (SU) to coordinate and gave it a wing of a different colour.  I embossed the oval and the wing with the same embossing folder and then sponged the edges of the bird and the oval to just soften the edge and give them a bit of dimension.  Next, I assembled the bird.  I added a tiny black brad to create an eye and used a black marker to make a bead and then watercoloured it so the two would contrast.  I glued the embossed wing to the bird and it was complete.  I glued the decorative paper to the card front and then added the oval.  The branches were cut from brown cardstock scraps using the tree die by Tim Holtz.  I just trimmed the pieces until  I was happy with the look of my branch.  I used double sided tape to adhere the branch to my card front and added my little bird using 3D foam tape.  The bird can face either way so it just depending on which side I sponged and it was not a conscious decision.  These were fun to make and work really well for many occasions as they do not have greetings either. 

Therese





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments