Monday, October 29, 2018

Seascape digital image, watercolour, ribbon and some embossing on a birthday card

Birthday cards for family members come up every month and I am working on cards for November.  I chose this seascape (CLKER) from my image stash and watercoloured it.  I layered it onto a blue green piece of cardstock, distressed the edges and added a few lines of texture with my pattern tracing wheel!!  I found a coordinating card front in the blue green range and added a piece of embossed very mottled scrapbook paper which I ripped in half before adhering to my card front.  I mounted my layered image over the gap and as I was positioning it I thought it would be nice to add a bit of yellow ribbon to echo the yellow in the image so I chose a short piece, folded it in half and adhered it to the back of my image with double sided tape before securing it to my card front.  I flagged the ends with scissors afterwards.  I found a coordinating laser printed greeting which I highlighted with a marker and then applied clear glitter with a gel pen.  One down, several more to go!!           Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments