Monday, November 19, 2018

Masterboard fun!! - Watercolour background, stamping and a bit of direct to paper with a ink pad


There is talk on Splitcoast Stampers about using masterboards to make up cards and it is a technique I have used in the past but is a really fun one.  I decided to give it a go.  I used a sheet of decorative paper I made a while back that was "OK" but could use a bit of a lift.  I cut an organic shape from some stamp leftover which I used to stamp all over it in teal.  I cleaned the stamp and did it again using orange.  I added olive green circles using the end of a foam tube and yellow dots using the other end which is a nice circle (soft foam "bullets").  I used Antique Linen direct to the paper to fill in the remaining white areas.  Pretty happy with the results I decided to back it with bond paper as it was only bond paper to begin with.  I just glued scrap paper to the back until it was covered. It gave it enough body to be able to die cut it properly.  I am off to make some cards!!  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments