Friday, December 28, 2018

Felted wool garland


I have been playing with felted wool this Christmas season in order to get a few gifts made.  I made these felted wool coasters last week.  I have been investigating what can be done with small scraps and found this idea on line - a garland made with felted wool circles!!  This was very fun to make though it did take a while to cut all the little circles using a die (SX) and my Big Shot.  I used 6 colours - light blue, green, yellow, dark blue, purple and red.  I cut about 60 ( 1" ) of each colour and then stitched them together in the same sequence using strong green thread in my sewing machine.  The actual sewing took much less time than the cutting but I am very happy with the way it turned out.  I did add a red ribbon tie on each end just to finish it off nicely.  It does allow it to be tied to the holder and will prevent tangling.  It is about 10 yards long so will certainly make a reasonable garland for a tree or a birthday party or any sort of celebration!!      Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments