Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Another couple large Christmas cards that feature stamped & embossed images, gift wrap and textured elements


For the next set of large Christmas cards that feature this wonderful kraft ornament paper I made cards from red cardstock to fit the envelopes and adhered the trimmed decorative paper to them.  For the one on the left, I chose a gold embossed image of three trees (Magenta) from my stash that coordinated with the paper, coloured them with gold shimmery watercolour and distressed the edges all the way around.  I found the stamped greeting in my stash as well.  I trimmed it to size and flagged the right hand side before mounting it to my card front.  I decided to echo the ornament theme by adding a small ornament die cut (SX) which I embellished with a circle punchie which I embossed using an ornament embossing folder. Worked perfectly!!  I added a length of gold embroidery thread to hang it.  I adhered it over the greeting using 3D foam tape and glued the ends of the thread to the inside of the card using double sided tape.  I mounted the image with 3D foam tape to intersect with the thread and the greeting by putting it at a bit of an angle.  
For the one on the right, I used a poinsettia image combined with a tiny greeting (SU) which was gold embossed from my stash.  I used shimmery watercolours to paint the image.  Love the effect!!  I layered it onto coordinating cardstock and mounted it with 3D foam tape over a piece of luxurious gold ribbon which I mounted to the front of my card adhering the ends to the inside using double sided tape.  It has been much fun to create these large cards and using up some of my large envelope stash.   Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments