Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Fun cards that feature an embossed grid filled with hearts and flowers


For my exchange cards this month I decided to work with elements in a grid.  For the card on the left I chose a large envelope and created a white card to fit inside.  I trimmed a pink layer and then used my scoring tool to create a grid of squares.  I picked a piece of scrapbook paper than coordinated and cut 24 little hearts from it using a die (CB).  I positioned the hearts as I cut them and then rearranged a few until I was happy with the layout before gluing them into position.  I found a small greeting in my stash and mounted it with 3D foam tape of the middle of one of the hearts.  Pink and green is one of my favorite colour combinations so I love this card.  For the card on the right, I created the grid right on the white card front which was a bit more challenging because of how large the cardstock was but with a bit of flipping and being careful not to go too far I managed to get the diamond grid made.  I chose these fun flower punchies from my stash and again laid them all out before I glued them into place.  I added iridescent glitter glue to their centers and left them to dry.  I layered this cute greeting (Desert Diva) onto green and then pink which works really well with the flowers.  Once the centers were dry I added a length of blue ribbon and added my greeting over it using 3D foam tape.  I tied a short piece to the left hand side with a single knot to simulate a bow.  These will be off to my partners this week.        Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments