Sunday, February 17, 2019

A set of cards for a friend that feature paper buttons, a stamped greeting and some paper flags

 I created these four cards as a hostess gift for a friend who invited us for a meal this weekend!!
She really appreciates cards and likes to bless her friends with them so I know she will appreciate them.  To continue using my stash of large cards I chose four envelopes that were the same size in four different colours.  I created white cards for them and then created the cards to coordinate with the envelopes.  I stamped the greeting in one of the corners and then dug through my paper scraps and found small scraps in the colours that coordinated with the envelopes.  I used my chevron punch to flag the one end and then applied a piece of double sided to my card front and started applying the scraps to the tape varying their length to create a bit of interest.  I trimmed the pieces just above the tape.  Next, I dug through my cardstock stash and found a strip of cardstock that worked with my chosen papers, trimmed it to size and then embossed it with a fun embossing folder.  I glued this strip over the tops of the papers and added a paper button to which I had tied some thread/fiber with 3D foam tape.  Really happy with how they turned out!!!!!!!!      Therese



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments