Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Large card featuring digital image with watercolour, stamped greeting and some ribbon

Another grandson with a birthday!!  For this card I started with green envelope and created a red card to fit inside.  I found this yellow layer in my pile of discards from used cards and it was just the right size to fit on my card!!!  I embossed it with large polka dots and sanded them to show up the white core of the card.   I am again using a laser printed image from Cre8tive Hands - a little bear this time!!  I watercoloured the image and layered it with a rectangle of blue cardstock which coordinated with the ribbon on the gift.  I distressed the edges of the blue to add texture and mimic the feeling of the sanded layer.   I added a green ribbon across the bottom section and glued the ends to the back of the yellow layer.  I rubberstamped and embossed in clear the greeting on a scrap of white cardstock and mounted it to the layer using 3D foam tape.  I adhered this large layer to the front of my red card and used 3D foam tape to mount my focal image.  I am sure they will both enjoy their birthdays!!!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments