Saturday, March 16, 2019

Christmas cards - reused gift wrap, tree die cuts and fun greetings


In an effort to have Christmas cards ready to go by the beginning of December I am again this year committing to getting some made every month.  I did not get any made in February so I am playing catch up this month.  I had the gift wrap backgrounds cut out for these cards since January.  They have been sitting in my craft room waiting!!  I had a bit of time to play so I decided to get started on them.  I cut white card fronts for all of them as they all have green envelopes.  I glued the backgrounds on and then started with some fun!!  I gave them all some sort of white embossed strip and added to them as I went - one with a flagged end and purple and white bakers twine tied around it, another with green ribbon, the next one scallop edges, a purple strip and red fiber tied on one end and the last one has a flagged end, a strip of red and white fiber added to that.  I dug some die cut trees from my stash to use as the focal element which I adhered with 3D foam tape.  I added little greetings from my stash - gold embossed joy layered onto a red scalloped oval, a little laser printed Word Window punchie, a punchie greeting layered onto a Modern Label punchie in red and a laser printed greeting punched with an oval punch (SU).  After finishing off the cards I added glitter glue to the trees!!!!!!!  I added a garland and then some ornaments using a variety of colours of glitter glue.  Discovered several that are dried out but that is the way it goes - use it or lose it!!!  After they were dried I pressed them all!! They are in need of inserts but I am considering doing those all in one go as I will be having a wide variety of sizes in my cards and they will all have to be custom made.  It was very fun to play and make some bright and colourful cards!!          Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments