Saturday, April 27, 2019

Baby card featuring a cute little horse digital, strips of decorative paper and a vellum greeting


Needing some baby cards for my stash so I went digging through some card kits from previous classes to see if I had any that could easily be made up.  No luck but I was able to convert this one into a baby card by simply changing the image to this cute little horse one (Melonheadz) which I had in my image stash and adding a vellum greeting also from my greetings stash!!
So I added a strip of double sided tape across the yellow layer and adhered the ends of my paper strips to it.  I embossed the navy strip, adhered it over the ends and trimmed it to the edges to finish that nicely.  I trimmed the ends of the strips in a diagonal pattern and adhered this large element to the navy card front.  I watercoloured the laser printed image and layered it onto a green rectangle and had enough spare to trim the bottom with scallop decorative scissors.  I used a push pin to pierce each scallop which adds a nice touch of texture.  I used a small piece of double sided tape to adhere the vellum greeting to my card before mounting my layered image using 3D foam tape.  You can see the other cards I made with these kits here.  They were part of my March Cardmaking class.                   Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments