Friday, May 03, 2019

Another baby card featuring a cute rattle, paper strips and an embossed element

I am really happy that I have been able to retrofit several of my kits from the March Cardmaking class to add some cards to my stash!!  I found this image in my stash and was able to use the layer in the kit in a portrait orientation instead of the landscape one which would have been appropriate for the other image.  Excellent!!  I added a strip of double sided tape across my yellow layer and laid the ends of my strips into it.  I embossed a strip of green cardstock and adhered it over the ends to finish that off nicely.  I trimmed their ends diagonally and adhered this large element to my blue card front.  I watercoloured this cute rattle image (Melonheadz) which I laser printed a while back and found in my image stash.  It fit perfectly on the top of the rectangle layer from the kit so I glued it in place and added the vellum greeting adhering both ends to the back using double sided tape.  Again, enough room to trim the bottom edges with scallop decorative scissors.  I paper pierced each scallop with a push pin to add interest and texture before adding this element to my card front with 3D foam tape.        Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments