Sunday, July 14, 2019

Birthday card featuring an upcycled card front, ribbon and a punched border

I found this card front in my bag of donated cards and thought it would be perfect for my sister whose birthday is coming up soon.  She loves to sew and makes all sorts of beautiful bridal gowns so I think this will be perfect!!  I love the colours and I am sure she will too!
I started by finding a large pink envelope and made a dark pink card to fit inside.   I trimmed the card front, layered it onto black cardstock which I trimmed to leave an even border when placed on the dark pink card.  I punched the bottom edge with a eyelet border punch (SU) and then added a length of iridescent ribbon in between the pattern and the card front which coordinates with the glittery accents on the image!  I adhered this large element to my dark pink card to finish it off!! 

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments