Wednesday, January 29, 2020

January Cardmaking - an all occasion card featuring watercoloured wildflower die cuts, lace and thread on a neutral background

For this set of cards, I die cut all of the flowers from the Tim Holtz Wild Flower set from some of the Hammered Botanical prints I made a while back with my Big Shot.  Next, I embellished them with watercolour if they required a bit more colour in certain places like the flowers and ensured that the stems were green over all.  I sorted them into groups of three and found coordinating backgrounds for them.  I found that light neutral ones worked the best to highlight the beautiful die cuts.  I added a length of lace at the bottom of the background which was tied with a bit of white thread.  The ends of the lace were secured to the back using double sided tape.  I adhered the background to a coordinating card and mounted the flower die cuts to the front by applying a little white glue (using a fine tip applicator) to the back of them behind the larger areas and then tucking them behind the lace.  I have left this one without a greeting.

Therese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments