Thursday, February 27, 2020

Cards from kits - birthday card featuring resist background, embossed vellum and sequins

I made this card very much like I made up the cards for my January card making class.   I used all the elements though I placed the maple leaf punchie on the outside of the vellum instead of below it and I used double sided tape to secure the sequins instead of brads.  The greeting is a laser printed one which combines a digital frame and a font greeting.  It was punched out using the modern label punch (SU).  I mounted it with 3D foam tape on the right and double on the left because the layered oval was also mounted using 3D foam tape.  The resist background was created with a large harlequin stamp (SU) which was silver embossed before the application of watercolour.  I really love the look of these backgrounds. 
Making cards from kits is so quick!  Everything is ready and you can be creative with the elements and often make very different looking cards.  I this case I pretty much followed the sketch.           Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments