Thursday, February 20, 2020

Slow Stitching - my new project is trees

 I have been brainstorming concepts for my new slow stitching project and it has taken a while to sort out what it will look like.  I have settled on triangle trees on all the same background though it has been a struggle to sort it out.  I have tabled my other ideas and will make them up later.
I found these very bright 4" squares in my stash of precuts and decided they would be the trees.  I finally decided that the trees would be 2" x 3" which allowed me to make four trees from each four inch square.  I cut off a one inch strip off one side and then cut two 2" x 3" from the piece I had trimmed out.  These I cut into two solid trees and used the four cut offs to make another two.  I chose dark blue with a red pin stripe squares from my stash of precuts as my background which works very well.  I am very happy to be back to slow stitching.  These are going to be very cute!!  Therese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments