Saturday, May 02, 2020

Christmas cards featuring word ornaments and custom decorative backgrounds


A few more Christmas cards!!  I cut the ornaments (SX) and words (TH_SX) while I was at it last time I made cards and so I have decided to get a few more made.  I dug out my box of Christmas paper to see what I had for backgrounds. I found several and made up a few more.  
For the first card, I taped three pieces of this beautiful metallic gift wrap together with regular tape and trimmed it, adhered to a green card front, used gold/green metallic paper to back the ornament and create the topper and added gold cording for the hanger.  
For the second card, I created a background by taping together strips of decorative paper together and trimmed it to size and adhered to a green card, used white pearly paper to back the ornament and create the topper and added white cording for the hanger. 
For the third card, I layered the green paper over some yellow decorative paper and glued this large element to a red card front, used yellow/orange hand decorated watercoloured paper to back the ornament and create the topper and used twine as the hanger.  It needed a  bit of something so I added a twine across the bottom and tied on a short length to simulate a bow and added the little layered stamped greeting (Nestibilities).  That was better!
For the fourth card, I taped layers of decorative paper together, added green/gold metallic paper strips over the joints and trimmed it to size then adhered it to a green card.  I used green/gold metallic paper to back the ornament and create the topper and added a gold embroidery thread for the hanger.  Thinking it needed a bit of something I added a coordinating oval punchie font greeting which I sponged with a bit of red before adhering with 3D foam tape.  
I am really liking the chance to change up the backgrounds on these cards.  I prefer to create one of a kind cards!!!!!!!!!!   Therese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments