Thursday, May 14, 2020

Slow Stitching - second little house

I have finished my second little house in my Slow Stitching project!!  I used a fused panel of fabric for the base of the house because it allowed me to match the pattern and have a slimmer house.  I added brown roof, a chimney, two windows and a double layered door.  I like the fun look of this house.  I stitched the chimney horizontally to give it more texture and interest.  I did three rows of stitching around the edge of the roof.  I used soft teal thread to make the three rows around the base of the house and I like the softness of the colours.  I added two windows and stitched them in place using similar colours instead of contrasting which makes them really bright.  I used two layers of fabric for the door - a brown in behind and a turquoise/peach pattern for the double door which echoes the house colours.  I added to dark red stitches for the handles one for each door. Happy with this one!  I will use try to change up a few things for the next house - roof line, windows and maybe a different front door placement.  We shall see!!!!!!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments