Monday, August 17, 2020

Christmas cards featuring reused card fronts with some embellishments


I worked on some Christmas cards for my Mom and with all the pieces sitting on my desk I thought I would  make a few for myself as well.  The ones in the first photo are odd sizes.  The first one was a card front with rounded top which fit nicely in a #8 envelope.  I cut a red card to fit in the envelope and added some framing and embellishment with a gold gel pen to finish it off.  The gold ornament one fit nicely in one of the long envelopes I had on hand so I simply trimmed it and mounted it to a dark green card I created to fit inisde.  The star and shepherd one I trimmed to fit on a black card that I created to fit in an envelope.  I stamped the greeting on the bottom. The green nativity card front was trimmed and adhered to a green card that fit in an envelope I had on hand.  I added a stamped and gold embossed greeting to finish that one off.  

The card in the next photo are all A2 size. The first two in the top row were simply trimmed and adhered to coordinating card fronts.  The third on with the angel was a shaped card so I found some Christmas music, sponged it to coordinate and then added it as a layer to the back of the card front.  I trimmed the edges to fit and adhered it to a green card front and added a little font punchie greeting.  The two wisemen ones were trimmed to fit on coordinating card fronts and I added a die cut greeting to the first one and a little font punchie greeting to the next one.  The first one on the bottom was trimmed, layered and then mounted to a coordinating card front.  The one on the right was trimmed and then I added a border punched strip on the left.  I added a purple ribbon over where they joined and a little font punchie greeting.  This was layered onto a purple layer and mounted to a orange card front.  A non traditional colour but it worked very well with the card front.  

So a few more cards for my stash!!!!         Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments