Sunday, October 25, 2020

A baby card featuring a pieced cardstock background, some green raffia and a cute rattle image

We are expecting a new addition to our family which is due very close to Christmas!!  I have prepared some baby items as I usually do for these occasions and we are hoping to send these off to my son and his wife very shortly.  

For the baby card, I started with a gray card front, added an embossed (D"vine Swirl - CB) paper pieced cardstock background.  I used greens, yellow and grays then just barely highlighted the embossing with a beige ink pad.  I added a green raffia across it and then tied on another short piece to simulate a bow.  I mounted this large element to my gray card front.  I watercoloured the rattle image (Crea8tive Hands) in green and yellow adding some clear glitter highlights.  I added faux stitching to the edges of the image using my pattern tracing wheel before mounting it to a light green cardstock rectangle.  I used 3D foam to adhere this focal element to my card.  For my greeting I started with a font greeting oval punchie from my stash, sponged its edges with green ink then mounted it to a light green scalloped oval (SU).  To finish it off I added clear glitter dots to the scallops!!   Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments