Thursday, November 05, 2020

Christmas Card Kits #2 - Card #3 - Peace on Earth gold embossed on vellum with some paper piercing on a decorative paper background

For the last card in this kit I decided to feature this Peace On Earth (Prairie Rubber Stamps) stamp which I have had for a long time and have used several times.  It is a large stamp so I used it on a landscape card.  I cut a sheet of vellum in half and then tore each of them into four strips which gave me really nice edges.  I stamped the greeting on vellum and gold embossed it.  I used my stamping buddy to ensure no stray powder which worked really well.  I added swirly paper pierced lines with my pattern tracing wheel after stamping.  I then added small strips of double sided tape to the back in areas of dense embossing like behind the stem of the P and the "h" and  the edge of the E and the "c".  The use of adhesives and glue with vellum are difficult because they are translucent and allow the mediums to show to the front.  By carefully placing the tape in dense areas it reduces the visibility of the tape and busy backgrounds help camouflage it as well.  Both worked in my favor for this design.  This one features a blue card with a painterly decorative paper.  I positioned the vellum greeting to the paper and trimmed the vellum to the edge of it.  I adhered this large element to my card to finish my card.  The vellum may react to the moisture the glue if you use a glue stick as I did.  I simply placed my card under weight until the glue was dry and all was good.   You can see below another version of this card in different colours.  The kits all have a gold embossed greeting with different papers and colours.            Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments