Sunday, January 31, 2021

Anniversary card featuring a floral background and a variety of hearts - lacy black frame, copper foil one in the center and two small punchies on the ribbon


 For this anniversary card I started with a large envelope from my stash and made an off white card to fit inside.  I added a layer of block printed background paper that features flowers in several colours.  I cut a piece of brown gros grain ribbon, trimmed the ends diagonally and sealed the edges with the flame of a lighter before adhering it over my background.  I added two little copper foil heart punchies to each end of the ribbon.  I auditioned the dark green lacy frame I had on my desk which was extraneous to the creation of one of my thank you cards but it was not quite what I needed.  I decided to use a black marker and colour it to coordinate with the black in my background paper.  That worked very well!!  I adhered the lacy heart to my card using white glue from a fine tip applicator.  I pressed it for a bit with my hand to make sure it would stay in place over the ribbon.  The large copper foil heart was cut out when I was making my thank you cards.  I applied it with double sided tape on top and bottom and used white glue where it would be over the ribbon.  I am enjoying making cards again!!  It has been fun to be back in my craft room and playing with paper and bits of this and that!!   Theresse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments