Saturday, January 30, 2021

Birthday card featuring a collage background, a butterfly collage, some ribbon and a little font greeting


 Working on family cards for February!!  I used this technique for my previous card and really wanted to try it again.  I started with a white card and added blue paper pieces until it was covered.  I created my focal element by covering a piece of decorative paper with a whole bunch of blue butterflies from my stash.  After it was dry I layered it onto white.  I layered navy ribbon onto a dark red one with double sided tape and added it to my card using double sided tape.  Next, I mounted my focal element to my card front using 3D foam tape.  I trimmed a little font greeting, sponged its edges and added to my card using double sided tape.  To finish off my card I added a little clear rhinestone to my greeting and tied a piece of silver cord to my layered ribbon.  I left the wings of the silver butterfly free so I could raise them a bit which really adds dimension to the card!!         Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments