Wednesday, February 03, 2021

An all occasion card featuring a letter collaged tag, a paper pieced background and some ribbon

This is my second card for my card exchange this month.  I started with a brown envelope and created a kraft card to fit inside.  I dug out my brown and green paper scraps and created a paper pieced background trimming pieces as I went.  In my green paper scraps I found this tag so I decided to use it as the base for my letter collage.  I chose green and brown letters from my stash adhering the larger ones on first and then adding smaller ones after.  I added two pieces of white tissue paper to this one as well to help tie the collage together. I chose a brown leaf die cut as its focal element which I watercoloured, embossed and then highlighted with a bit of ink.  Once it was dry I added it to my tag.  I punched a hole at the top and added piece of beige ribbon trimming the ends diagonally.  I mounted my tag to the front of my card using 3D foam tape.  Very happy with how different all of these cards look having been created with a very similar technique.           Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments