Friday, February 05, 2021

Large all occasion cards featuring blue and aqua decorative paper, sanded white core cardstock, foil and little birds

My last set of cards for donation which are very similar to my last two in that they use the deep aqua paper and the light yellow textured paper.  Both cards are landscape and the first on has the deep aqua pieced instead of whole like the other one.  I trimmed the yellow layer on the bottom one just to add some interest.  The small rectangles of aqua white core cardstock were embossed (top D'vine swirl - CB and the bottom brocade one - CB) and sanded.  I rounded the corner on the top one.  I punched the foil and used the circle punchie on the first one and the one with the opening on the second one.  Created my birds with the SU bird punch - yellow cardstock with watercolour for the bird and aqua for the wings.  The eye added with a black marker and the beaks with a yellow gel pen which I embellished with a lead pencil to add a bit more definition.  The branches for these two were also cut using the TH - Branch Tree using green cardstock scraps which were then watercoloured, adhered and trimmed to the edges.  These focal elements were added to my cards using 3D foam tape. 

Really happy with my little stack of cards.  I am sure they will be welcomed by the staff at the church and will go on to bless others as the need arises!!               Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments