Thursday, February 25, 2021

SISTER STASH - Birthday card with bright background paper and four embossed gifts


 For this card I started with a large blue card and added some very bright striped decorative paper using two pieces with the striped going in different directions.  I cut four rectangles from coordinating cardstock and embossed them.  I sanded the blue one because it was white core cardstock to add more texture.  I used a flower die (Cuttlebug) to cut a swirly yellow flower which I used to simulate a bow on the top of the blue gift.  I attached it to the back of the gift with double sided tape and then cut a strip from the same cardstock to create the ribbon on the front.  I did the same for the other three gifts.  After auditioning them for placement I adhered them to the front of my card using 3D foam tape on the yellow and pink one and just glue on the blue and green ones.  The gifts and bright colours make this a great birthday card for a child or any one who is young at heart!!  Another for the card stash I am creating for my sister who left some paper crafting supplies here a few years ago.   Therese

1 comment:

  1. Great idea with the embossed gifts! I need to use my embossing folders more often! Why don't you join us on WOYWW? We have members from all over the world! You would just need to go to the site on Wednesday with your blog, showing us your workspace, and sign in! Just go here for more info http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html it would be great seeing you in the group! I don't reply to everyone every week, that would take up all my time, I usually do about 5 a day for 3 days or so. Think about it and thanks for your visit! Always nice to hear from you! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments