Friday, March 05, 2021

SISTER STASH - All occasion card with a large flower (digital) with a bright paper background and a bit of ribbon

This card is another I created using the bright papers I found in the paper crafting stash my sister left here a while back.  I started with a large warm red card and I added the bright paper which I trimmed with my deckle decorative scissors (Fiskars).  I cut, embossed and sanded a strip of green white core cardstock to fit in the opening then fish tailed the ends.  I mounted the flower (CLKER) which is a digital I downloaded, sized and colour printed onto white cardstock.  After trimming it out I distressed its edges and added a row of paper piercing on all four sides using my pattern tracing wheel.  I mounted it to a piece of the same green cardstock as the strip which I sanded on the edges a bit to reveal the white core.  I layered this onto a piece of the same warm red cardstock I used for the card.  Having left some room below the flower I tied a short piece of white grosgrain ribbon with white cording and adhered it in the space using a large glue dot. I trimmed the ends diagonally to finish it off.  I mounted my large floral element to my card front using 3D foam tape.  This is the last card using this paper during this session.  There remains several sheets which will revisit at another time.  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments