Sunday, May 09, 2021

Mother's Day card featuring a silhouette image with a sponged background, decorative paper and ribbon

I made this card for my youngest daughter for Mother's Day.  I started with the silhouette image of wild flowers laser printed on white cardstock. I masked off an area and sponged on several colour of blue ink.  I have been wanting to try this technique for so long and have yet to master it.  After removing the masks I found that it was a bit askew so I moved my masks and kept sponging on colour in lighter and lighter tones until I had reached the edges.  This was much better!!  I stamped the greeting (SU) near the top with black Versafine, ran my pattern tracing wheel around the edges and then added three little red rhinestones.  I created a black card that fit in a large envelope from my stash and  added my background (Melstampz).  I punched two slots on either side of my image and inserted a black cardstock strip to which I had adhered bright green ribbon that coordinated with my background paper.  I inserted it into the slots and then mounted this large element to my card front using 3D foam tape.  I used double sided taper to secure the ends of my strip.  
Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments