Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Exchange cards with fabric vases and flowers, ribbon and a daisy punched border


 I worked on my exchange cards this afternoon - in my basement craft room which was very pleasant compared to the heat outside.  The heat will really help things grow and with garden in it is good!
I started with two panels 4.25" x 5.5" which seemed reasonably sized to fit in some envelope and card combinations I found in a drawer when I was looking for something else in the past week.  The panels were ivory cardstock with some inclusions so I thought I would have another go at cards with fabric accents.  I trimmed two little vases from some fabric scraps, stitched on smaller scraps with white thread  and then handcut two little flowers from pink fabric and two centers from blue fabric.  I stitched the centers to the flowers with the same white thread.  I positioned my vases on the cardstock panels and stitched them on with navy blue thread all the way around twice and then drew a line and made the stem and went around the flower center a few times and them back down the stem to finish off. They are very cute!!  I embossed the opposite side with a leafy floral embossing folder border - one embossed, the other debossed.  I added a little length of pink ribbon and tied on a little length of blue picot ribbon to create some texture and interest.  I added a blue half daisy border below my images and then used an unthreaded needle to stitch all the way around both of them.  The border punch is a "new to me" one I bought at a garage sale last weekend for $2 - works very well.  I trimmed out some dark rose paper backgrounds for my ivory cards and adhered my stitched panels to them.  Having fun making cards with little fabric accents.    These are off to my partners in tomorrow's mail.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments