Wednesday, September 22, 2021

All occasion card featuring diecut wild flowers (TH), ribbon and three dots

The colour combination for this card was inspired by the polka dot red and pink paper from which I cut some of the wildflowers (TH).  It has a shade of blue green on the back of it so I decided to layer some hexagonal blue green paper onto red for this card.  After trimming a piece to size I added a length of ivory gros grain ribbon near the bottom securing the ends to the back using double sided tape before adhering it to my card.  Next, I die cut several of the same wildflower (TH) from some of the scrapbook paper and three different red cardstocks from my stash.  To get the change in direction in the flowers I used the back of the die cut.  They have a bit of a different texture and the edges are less rounded - it provides a bit of variety.  I simply tucked them behind the ribbon and used white glue applied using a fine tip applicator to adhere them to the background.  I added three little red circle punchies to the ribbon to finish off my card.  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments