Friday, October 29, 2021

The House quilt is finished!!


 Over the weekend I managed to finish off my house quilt (41' x 64") which features a panel of houses which were slow stitched to a fabric collage of blue, green and brown.  I added a polyester batting (green blanket)  and a cotton backing in taupe.  I am really happy how well it went together.  I tried using the walking foot I inherited from my Mom but it kept undoing the screw on my needle so after breaking a needle I just gave it up and went back to just straight stitching.  I bound the edges with the backing and ran two rows of straight stitching all the way around.  I washed it again to ensure that all was good with the stitching.  I now only have one quilt top left to finish off before I can move on to a new project.  I do have quite a few possibilities so it will be fun to think about them for the next bit.  I am still slow stitching cats.  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments