Sunday, November 21, 2021

Christmas tree ornaments from felted wool which can be used to diffuse essential oils


I made some little Christmas tree ornaments to include in my Christmas cards for friends I don't see during the year due to how far apart we live.  I started with little green felted wool triangles.  I just recently read that wool is a very good diffuser for essential oils so these will be ornament/diffusers.  Some with artificial trees are using them to diffuse pine essential oils to give the scent of a real tree.  I decided to decorate up the front leaving the back to be used for diffusing.  I dug out some small green fabric scraps and cut little strips for all of my little trees.  I hand cut little brown trunks from felted wool and little circles for my stars from yellow orange cotton.  I stitched the little strips down the middle of my tree using my sewing machine and green thread incorporating my little trunk on the way down.  I turned my tree and then stitched back up to the top.  I created a hanger of heavy weight crochet thread in deep yellow which I stitched through the top of tree and tied a knot.  I used a tine tipped brown permanent marker to draw a star on my little circles and then hand stitched them in place at the top of my trees using coordinating thread.   It was fun to create these and they are flat enough to be easily be mailed inside my cards.  I am well on my way getting ready for Christmas.  My parcel is ready to go and will be mailed tomorrow.  All my Christmas cards are done and I have written my newsletter which I will include to friends and family.   I created fabric gift wraps this past week to and the post will show up tomorrow.  They make very nice looking gifts for under the tree!!!  Therese




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments