Sunday, February 27, 2022

Slow Stitching Projects - cats - Q2 ( row 5 & 8) and butterflies


 I have finished row 8 of the second quilt of cats!!  I perused my blog to find that I had not posted row 5 so it is the top one and row 8 is the bottom one.  I have really enjoyed working on these cats but I am taking a little break.  I have prepped some butterflies and cut out squares for boats and apples this week.  I will have to find applique patterns for them and get them cut out so I will have a bit of variety for the next while.  I am not even sure how many rows I have in each quilt but there seems to be a small pile yet to go.  I do have quite a few that I can incorporate into my next quilt and I do have bright fabrics set aside for that so that will be in the works shortly.  

I will be slow stitching butterflies today.  These were die cut using my Big Shot and the Stampin UP Beautiful Butterflies Bigs Die.  I will be stitching them to squares of light blue cotton.  The body and antennae will be stitched in black.  
I am linking to Kathy's Quilts - Slow Sunday Stitching.  Check out the wonderful art being created by the participants in Kathy's challenge.  I find them to be most inspiring!! 

Check out the Natural Fiber Webinar I just signed up for at Winnipeg Sews!!

Therese

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your butterflies are beautiful..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful variety of butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cats are sweet bordered by the pretty embroidery. As for your pretty butterflies, they will look lovely fluttering on light blue cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterflies and cats, both very pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your butterfly blocks; they are so pretty. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the fabrics that you have chosen for those butterflies. I especially like the top right one. Your kitty blocks are adorable. I like the embroidery that you have added.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments