Thursday, March 31, 2022

March Card Club - lady bugs over layered decorative paper and greetings

It was great to get together with friends and make cards once again!!

We started with these cards that featured lady bugs and some fun decorative papers.  I started with a black card and added a subtle green background paper that I embossed with Swiss Dots (CB).  The other two panels were cut the same size and as you can see below can be used in a variety of ways in the creation of a card design.  It is always fun to see what others do with exactly the same supplies - a creative bunch.  I first chose a greeting and auditioned all the pieces so I could establish the relationship of all the pieces to each other and then added the greeting first.  I added the little lady bugs (SX) with 3D foam tape.  I had preassembled the lady bugs which are on a small green die.  The wings were cut from red and the body from black cardstock.  I added antennae using black thread secured with double sided tape on the back.  I see that some of them have become wonky.  I will certainly be using this die again though it is the first time I have used it though I have owned it for quite a while.  They are very cute and so many people respond postively to them.  I used all the same papers because havine tried different ones I could not get the same feeling in the cards as I could with this combination so I just made all the kits with the same supplies.   Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments