Sunday, June 12, 2022

All occasion cards - decorative paper cut & flipped, paper napkin rooster, ribbon and a button


 I made the focal element for this card by collaging paper napkin to hand decorated paper which I made a while back.  It worked out just the way I wanted - a bit of text and added colour in the background.   I layered the rooster onto an embossed square (birch trees - SU) of brown cardstock.  I used a cut and flip technique for the background which has you cutting it into four using two diagonal cuts from corner to corner.  Works really well - I used sticky notes to hold the two pieces aligned to make the second cut.  This paper is an oatmeal colour on the back side which I embellished with a flourish stamp(IO) and green ink.  I glued them into place after positioning double sided tape on the ends of the triangles so I could tuck the ends of my ribbon behind.  I added my rooster image over the cross section of the pieces and added a button die cut which I had embellished with a short piece of ribbon over it with 3D foam tape.  I tied a short piece of the red ribbon to the one on the front using a single knot.  Love how this card worked out and I am making a few more.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments