Saturday, November 05, 2022

Birthday card featuring a beautiful piece of cake, ribbon and an embossed serendipity background

One of the cards I made for this month's card exchange.  I started with the serendipity background in green and pinks - my favorite colour combo!! It is nice and subtle because I covered it over with white tissue paper as a final layer.  I embossed it with the birthday embossing folder (CB) and then highlighted the raised surfaces with light green ink.  I added two lengths of pink ribbon - organza overlaid with a satin across the background.  The piece of cake (Wiki Clipart) was laser printed and watercoloured.  I rounded the corners with a corner rounder and then created a tag in green which I embossed with script.  I added pink and ivory organza ribbon in the slot I punched (SU) then secured them with a pink staple.  I layered the cake over the tag using 3D foam tape and then adhered the tag to my card front using 3D foam tape as well. 

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments