Sunday, January 22, 2023

Slow Stitching - handstitched and machine stitched journal covers

 
The hand stitching on these little quilts has been done for quite a while now. To create them I trimmed a backer then trimmed out a front and batting that were just a bit smaller than the backer.  I simply folded the backer to the front and hand stitched the edge to finish the little quilt.  You can see my original stash of them here.  The next few batches are here and here.  Here you can see the journal cover I made for myself to keep track of our trailer journeys with all the hand stitching finished. Here you can see the first steps of getting it constructed.  Today I dug out the baggie of little quilts and thought I would get a journal cover made up with them.  To my surprise I was able to complete four journal covers.  I have the layout in the top photo and then the finished journal cover to the left.  The other three journal covers are below with the layout first and the finished journal cover below it.  These will be donated to fundraisers coming up later this year so I will be spending some time slow stitching each little quilt with coordinating embroidery thread.  They are a little wonky but I was happy to get them done!!  
I am connecting with the stitchers at Kathy's Quilts - Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and see what these very creative stitchers are up to!!!  Always inspirational!!  Therese














1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulous idea and how colourful the journal covers look with the array of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments