Friday, February 24, 2023

Quilting - finishing the cats without hand stitching

I have so many cats yet to slow stitch and I am no longer looking forward to doing them so I have decided to finish them off in a different way.   I spent some time today working on them.  I have found some small pieces of coordinating fabrics and will add them to the borders of the cats as strips.  I lined them up and then stitched the one side. I pressed the fabric over, trimmed it off at about 1" and then folded the edge under and pressed again.  I stitched that side down with white thread.  It works quite well and I like the way they look - a bit like stained glass.  There were a few that were tricky because they had several small sides that had to be done before the longer ones.  I eventually figured it out!! I am about half done the remaining cats so one more sewing sessions should finish them off and I can put them into the quilt pile and find some bright fabrics to add to them to make a quilt top.  It was a fun day of sewing and I am really happy they will soon be ready to be incorporated into a quilt!!!  Therese
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments