Sunday, March 05, 2023

Slow Stitching - little fabric embellishments for handmade cards - stitching and Inktense watercolour

I have been working on some fabric embellishments for adding to my handmade cards over the last few weeks.  I made this flower one a while back.  I found ivory squares in my stash of precuts and have been working on finding elements I can stitch to or on them so they can be featured on my cards.  I have cut a few shapes and the little bird above is one of them.  It is pretty much a half a circle but once it is stitched in place and a beak, tail feathers, legs and a heart wing have been added it looks very much like a little bird.  I have stitched all of these to horsehair interfacing that has been trimmed and then raveled a bit to add texture.  I have added a square of iron on interfacing on the back to keep them all square.  I stitched my elements onto the front of my coordinating card fronts so they can be removed by the recipient and included in a small project.  

The butterfly was stitched and then coloured with  Inktense watercolours.  

The two above were stitched with little cup shapes which I turned into some fun flowers with some stitching.  They were stitched to the interfacing with coordinating thread. 


The two above were traced from die cuts (CB - star   SX- flower) and were coloured with Inktense 
watercolours after they were stitched!!!  I am learning a bit more about how to control the
bleeding on these though the bleed through on these have not been detrimental to the designs. 
I am happy with how these turned out and I have a few more in the works so will have something
to stitch when I go to Knit and Stitch at the library tomorrow.  

I am joining Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching.  There is always some
great projects for inspiration in this group of stitchers!!  Check them out!!!  

I have also finished off my cats though I did come up with a much faster way of getting 
them done because it was becoming a challenge to stitch any more of these.
You can check them out here

I showed you the hand stitching on my jean journal covers a few weeks ago. 
You can check out the fronts here.  

Therese

 

1 comment:

  1. All your sweet cards are lovely. So, so much pretty detail.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments