Saturday, June 17, 2023

Large all occasion card featuring two tulips assembled from stamped petals and a flourished round with hand cut stems and leaves

Third in my current series of cards created using fussy cut petals and round shapes.  I stamped the shapes in black and then fussy cut the shapes before assembling them into fun shapes.  These tulips feature two petal shapes and one round circle.  I really like the flourishes!!  I assembled the tulips using double sided tape.  I used a zig zag yellow background and added two rows of torn green papers to the bottom edge leaving the space in the middle without glue.  I fussy cut stems and leaves from green scraps and did some paper piercing with my pattern tracing wheel and added a bit of watercolour too!!   After auditioning all the pieces I adhered the stems to the tulips and inserted them into the gap between the two torn green pieces.  I added glue to the leaves and did them the same way.  Again, the card needed a "bit of something" so I dug through my butterfly stash and found these three in different sizes.  I embellished them with watercolour and then added bodies with a brown marker.  That was much better!!  I added tiny pieces of double sided tape to their middles and adhered them to my background.  I glued this large element to a red card.   Therese

I am really enjoying creating cards with the petal creations!!   That's three so far - large daisy, butterfly and tulips!!        Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments