Sunday, January 14, 2024

Little felted wool candle mat in ivory and variegated blue embroidery thread


I made up this little trivet from little triangles of felted wool which I cut a while back to create little tree ornaments.  The ornament concept did not pan because they were too thick to include in Christmas cards.  I did send the other one in a card and it cost me $1.07 more to send it than the regular postage stamps.  That was an untenable way ahead.  So after a bit of pondering I figured could combine them and make a little mat for our Christmas candle.  I stitched them to each other and then did blanket stitch all the way around to finish it off.  I added a stitched snowflake in the center to help disguise where they all joined which was not perfectly flat.  I am very happy to have found a useful purpose for these little triangle and the mat will help to protect the table.  Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments