Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Sewing - pet bowl mats for cats


It seemed appropriate to make some cat themed pet bowl mats this week as I had made some dog themed ones last week.  I used the Japanese cat fabric on the back and a strip on the front of this first mat.  I used the colours in the fabric - yellow, blue and red to make up a couple of strips to frame the cat fabric on the front.  I used toweling as batting and sewed the strips on QAYG to add the front to the batting and backing.  I used the backing to self bind the mat which worked really well.  

For my second mat I started with one of my cat squares which I made quite a while back and still have a good supply of.  I added strips all the way around (QAYG) until I had the height I needed for the mat. I added two more pieces to the left to make it the size I needed (12" x 17").  I cut a piece of  Japanese cat fabric for the bac, added two layers of flannel for batting and then bound the edges with a bright blue fabric.  I added stitching through out the mat to secure all the layers together.  Fun!!!  Therese



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments