Friday, April 26, 2024

Sewing - more fabric tea cup coaster in lots of different colours!!!


I have been experimenting with making fabric tea cup coasters so I can make up a couple sets as gifts for our vocalists and her accompanist at our upcoming Spring Tea.  I am using scraps so it was easy enough to find pieces that were 5" square or so to make the body of the cup and a strip for the handle.  The two photos above are one double sided set and same with the two photos below.  I added the same lace to each side of the one coaster.  They stitch up relatively easily and making sure the handles faced the correct side was what I had to be most careful with.  It did require changing the thread ( top & bobbin) several times but that is what finished them nicely.  I am really happy with the way they worked out.    Therese



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments