Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Crafting - a beautiful butterfly magnet made out of blue mussel shells from PEI

It is hard not to collect blue mussel shells when you see them on the beach in PEI!!  My sister and I collected more than we anticipated but when it came time to head home we culled the collection to enough to create a few butterflies and put the others back on the beach for someone else's collection!!  I made this butterfly magnet for my sister with four shells and a small piece of drift wood for its body.  I love how it turned out!!!  She is going to display it on the walls of her home where there is corner bead so they can go anywhere along the corners or where there is a screw (those are harder to find).  I used a wooden fork to make the substrate and hot glued the shells in place and then added a bit of glue in the center to glue the drift wood to.  I added two rare earth magnets to the back using hot glue as well.  Love how it turned out and makes a very unique souvenir of our trip!!  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments