Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Handmade paper!! I had a few friends over last week to make paper!! So much fun!! I prepared the pulp and we spent the afternoon making sheets and visiting. Had some tea and goodies too!!

The ivory, blue and white are confetti papers.

To the ivory I added glittery bits of gold - curly ribbon, regular ribbon, foil, embroidery thread. It turned out very nice - I expect there will be Christmas cards made with this one!!

To the blue I added yet more glittery bits!! Iridescent blue green "basket straw", blue foil (Hershey Kisses), several blue curly ribbons, blue lame threads to add glitter and texture. I also added some primsmatic silver gift wrap cut into wee bits. I had a square left over which I blended and added!! Wonderful little glitteries!! These settled on the surface of the paper and most stayed in place once dry! I am thinking snowflakes would be perfect with this paper.

To the white pulp I added black fabric bits, silvery foil, silver curly ribbon bits, silver threads! Makes a nice classic paper which can be used for most anything. Maybe for very classy and simple Christmas cards with some silver accents.

To the pink pulp I added some lemon herbal tea (used) and some red geranium petals that had been dried. I love the look of naturals in handmade paper!!

In the end, everyone took home what they wanted and I dried what was left. I have a neat little stack of 8.5" x 5.5"papers I can reuse in my art!!

I would like to encourage all papercrafters to recycle their paper scraps into more paper sheets!! If papermaking is not your thing, consider passing off your scraps to a papermaker who will make good use of them For those of you who scrapbook, it is a wonderful way to recycle your acid free scraps into paper for your albums!!

I sell the moulds and deckles in four sizes - 3.5 x 4.5 for card fronts, 8.5 x 5.5 for cards, 8.5x 11 for larger projects and 12x12 for scrapbookers, if you are interested in giving it a try!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments