Monday, August 27, 2007

Green ATCs for the August swap on ByHand!! I created these while I was visiting with my friend, Linda. You can check out her blog here! Thanks, Linda, for showing me how to add links to my posts. I stayed a few days and it was nice to have some time to play! Found this wonderful aqua and silver box and decided to use it as the base for my green ATCs. It is fun to create with found objects. I added a collage sheet image to the top one along with a stamped "believe" from her stash. Three eyelets and it was good to go!

The one on the left is also created from interesting coordinating elements gathered from her stash. The heart is a die cut with a ribbon bow glued to it.

On the right, I stamped the leaf on a piece of plastic which I layered onto a scrap of aqua handpainted paper that had a bit of script. The oval was part of the box - I just sanded the surface a little to remove some of the shine and distressed it a bit. I layered all of these together with four silver brads - one in each corner!

You can check out Linda's green ATCs on her blog by following the link above!

I hope you will be inspired to be creative!! Try to use the resources you have on hand for creating art. Check out adverstising and packaging to see if you can create something new with the patterns and designs you see!! More to come, later!!


Therese
Mixed Media Market
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediamarket/

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Therese! We had so much fun!
    The box Therese found was a Tissue box! I will look at my Tissue buying in a whole new way now!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments