Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Art - backgrounds

I am finally back to my blog after more than a month of working on several different art projects and taking a few days off here and there!! Unbelievably, the summer is drawing to a close and many will be heading back to school and most of us back to our regular routines after the summer break.

I made a whole pile of cling wrap backgrounds for a contest over at Wendy's site - Stamp and Scrap Canada . It is a very fun technique that can be used with a wide variety of media - watercolour, ink pads, alcohol inks, acrylic paints, etc.



These were made with some pan watercolours in a variety of reds and greens on matte cardstock!! I used quarter sheets of matte cardstock (110 lb from Staples) and just brushed on some watercolour. Crinkled up a sheet of cling wrap (cheap is fine) and then laid it onto my wet paint. The colour runs along the crinkled surfaces and creates a random pattern. Just leave to dry. It is a bit like Christmas when you take off the cling wrap to see the pattern that has been created! I will be posting some of the other paper I made in the same session.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments