Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My 4x4 vintage mingle pages are done!! I had 10 pages to make and was really hoping to get them all done on the weekend and I put the finishing touches on the last page this morning after pressing it over night!!

It has been a lot of fun to work with themes and to find images and supplies to collage. The 4x4 format is very reasonable to work with - allows enough room to be creative yet no so much that it is overwhelming!

The red one on the upper left is for a nature theme. I used part of an old music sheet, dyed paper napkin, paper rose, stickers, a stamped image and a brad. Did some layering, stamping, stippling and distressing. It came out well. Left some unembellished space on the left for binding.

The black one the upper right I did for a travel theme. I did a lot of scouring of my image CDs and the internet to find images for these pages. It is a bit time consuming but you find so many cool images. I used a $1 store sticker, some of my decorative paper, fleur de lis transparency I created, laser printed words using a Dymo font, and some hand embellishing with markers to put this one all together!!
Lower left - open theme - I used this angelic child image which I printed on a transparency. I had to back it with cardstock to avoid seeing the business part of the silver photo corners. The bottom border is a transparency I created as well. The heart and the motif are both stickers. I did a bit of stippling before laying on all the elements and purposely left the little bird on the left visible.
Lower right - vintage ladies theme! The image is colour printed and cut out. I stippled the scapbook paper and stamped it as well. Added some lace on the right and some flower accents. The button and fiber - just because it needed "something"! I do really enjoy the process of creating. Sitting with a layout for a while, rearranging the elements until they look "right", hunting until you find the embellishment that "works"!! It certainly does help to have a stash of papers, images, stencils, stamps, inks, embellishments!! And low and behold, sometimes you even discover you "need" a few more things!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments