Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Art - Card exchange

For the card exchange with my stamping group I decided to try a new Pearl Ex technique from the Technique Junkies Newsletter!! It took a few tries to get it to work out as I wanted it to but I am very happy with how they turned out. I applied the Perfect Pearls to still warm clear embossing powder. Because my image was so large I had to do it a piece at the time so I applied several different colours of mica powders. I heated the EP again so that the mica powder would incorporate and become permanent. Really love the look of it!! Not wanting to cover up too much of the image I added some copper decorative paper (gift wrap), some copper brads and some mesh which had been embossed with copper embossing powder!! The copper metal embellishment was just the perfect thing to finish off the card which I applied with a bit of hot glue to hold the mesh and 3D foam tape for a bit of pop!! Really happy with the way this one turned out so I made two more for my other card exchange!!

Therese

1 comment:

Please leave your comments