Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Art - Christmas cards

A cute little gingerbread man to spice up the holidays!! This little guy is cut with a Sizzix die! My sister has one and cut these for me!! We added "frosting" with a white gel pen. SU sells a nice white opaque one that works very well. We added red cardstock behind the hearts and black behind the eyes. Some of the girls who took the class went all out with the frosting - gave him cheeks and a big smile, doubled up his hearts, etc. The gingerbread man is mounted over handmade paper which is paper I have made myself so it has texture and flecks of naturals in it. I tied a twine cord around the spine which worked with the textural quality of the handmade paper and the colour scheme over all. The greeting is preprinted twill tape that I bought at Michaels in the Bowtique ribbon section. It was the perfect length for this card!! Gotta love it when all the elements come together and work well together!!
Card number two from the large Christmas card class!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments