Here is the other thing I have been doing this week - valances for the windows!! It is a job I have been putting off and I finally decided on Monday morning to just get at it. I did some on line research and chose to make them very clean and simple!! This is the one above the kitchen sink which had to be made differently because it had to be mounted with a tension rod. The other six will be mounted to wood planks (1x4 for the smaller windows & 1x6 for the patio doors) and attached above the windows with L brackets. The boards have been cut and trimmed with nice round corners on the front and will be primed and painted before the valances are attached.
It is nice to have them done!! Looking forward to seeing how much difference there will be to the look of the rooms once they are all up!! I should take before and after pictures!! I have enjoyed sewing again.
Thanks for stopping by!!